The Index Manager enables you to control how directories on your web site are displayed. If there is not an index file in a given directory, then the contents of that directory will be displayed in a browser. This is very undesirable, and can cause security issues. With Index Manager, you can set your account up to not allow your directory contents to be shown.
On the main cPanel page, scroll down to the Advanced section. There you will click on the Index Manager icon. This will take you to the main Index Manager page. You will see your folders listed there. You can navigate through them by clicking on the icons. When you find the directory you want to modify, click on the name.
That will open another screen, where you will see the path for your chosen directory. There are four choices here.
- Default System Setting: allows the directory contents to be shown
- No Indexing: does not allow directory contents to be shown
- Standard Indexing (text only): prevents browsers from viewing the contents of directories that do not contain image files
- Fancy Indexing (graphics): prevents browsers from viewing the contents of directories that do contain image files
Click on one radio button and click the Save button. This will take you to the verification screen, where you can see the settings that have been updated.
- Email, SSL
- 0 Users Found This Useful
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution