What are Backups?
Backups allow you to download (to your computer) a zipped copy of either you entire site (your home directory, databases, email forwarders configuration, email filters configuration) or one of the previously mentioned parts of your site. These are not automatically scheduled backups. Automatically scheduled backups need to be enabled by the server owner / administrator.
You can backup and download the following:
- Full backups
- Home directory backup
- MySQL database backup
- Email forwarders or filters backup
Backups can be found by clicking the Backups icon under the Files heading on the cPanel main page.
Creating A Full Backup
A Full Backup will allow you to create an archive of all the files and configurations on your website. You can only use this to move your account to another server, or to keep a local copy of your files. You cannot restore Full Backups through your cPanel interface.
- Click on the "Download or Generate a Full Backup" button.
- Set the following:
- Backup Destination
- Home Directory
- Remote FTP Server
- Remote FTP Server (Passive mode transfer)
- Secure Copy (scp)
- FTP/SCP Settings
- Email Address - Enter the email address where cPanel can send a confirmation email to you when your full backup has been created.
- Remote Server (FTP/SCP only) - Enter the name of the remote server (host name, IP address) where you are sending your backup file.
- Remote User (FTP/SCP only) - Enter the username of the remote server login where you are sending your backup file.
- Remote Password (FTP/SCP only) - Enter the password of the remote server where you are sending your backup file.
- Port (FTP/SCP only) - Enter the port of the remote server where you are sending your backup file.
- Remote Dir (FTP/SCP only) - Enter the directory name of the remote server where you are sending your backup file
Click on the "Generate Backup" button.
- You will see the following message: "Once the full backup of your account has been completed you will receive an email message to the address you specified."
Downloading Your Backup File
- After you receive the confirmation email, you can return to cPanel and click the "Backup" icon. Click the button labelled "Download or Generate a Full Website Backup". You will see an entry in the "Backups Available for Download" for the backup you previously made. You can download the backup file at any time.
- Email, SSL
- 0 Users Found This Useful
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution